You can help Sarge by donating at any Utah County Credit Union (UCCU) branch near you!

You can also help Sarge by donating at any Utah County Credit Union (UCCU) branch near you or by using the donate button below!

Call or walk into the nearest UCCU branch and tell them you would like to donate to the "Surgery for Sarge" account under Blu's Ranch & Rescue. Call (800) 453-8188. Thank you for helping Sarge!!

meet sarge

meet sarge
our beautiful pup

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Here is an update on Sarge and his therapy:

Sarge is doing EXCELLENT…..he’s SUCH a love bug and he’s got a funny, laughable personality. He LOVES the snow and as long as it’s NOT TOO COLD, I let him out with Kokoro. They love to play and roll in the deep snow, now that we have some more of it!!!
His treatments are ...all doing well and he’s actually enjoying himself swimming – he’s got such a BIG fan club at the swim center!!! Kokoro now goes in and watches him swim and get his acupuncture & laser treatment and his PT massage too and she’s rather protective of her brother, she is his guardian. Always has to check out who’s going to work on him before they can start working on him. If she approves, then it’s OK to proceed!!!

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

A new home for Sarge

Just wanted to share some photos that we received from his new family. After going through many applications we decided on a home in Montana, with lots of acerage to run and play with his new sisters (2 female pyrs). He is loving life and has a great home that has experience with leg/hip surgical help and has had years of working with Great Pyrenees.

What's happening with Sarge and where he is now

THANKS TO ALL OF YOU WE ARE ABLE TO PAY FOR SARGE'S SURGERY!! We made it to Colorado and got Sarge all set up for two days of measuring, x-rays and testing preparetory for his surgery and after the 1st day we received a call from his surgeon stating that he wanted to wait on the surgery. The measurements showed that his muscle on his leg would be a little too short for the leg when it was straightened out because it has been contracted for so long. So we changed our game plan and contacted his new family for a conference call with all of his doctors involved and decided that he will undergo 2-3months of physical therapy to strengthen the other legs and loosen up the muscle of the injured leg and give him a greater chance for full recovery. So with money on hold in his bank account, his new family will be taking him to PT 2-3 times a week for 2-3 months and then we will have him re-evaluated to see if he will be ready for surgery. I know things will work out for our sweet pup, it might take a little longer than we had hoped, but he is happy and healthy and soon will have a rock solid physique. Thank you again for all you have done to save him and help this happy dog and give him a new life, loved by so many people!!! We will keep you updated on his recovery and new home.

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

help for another pack mate

We just want to send out a HUGE THANK YOU to a very dedicated and persistant rescuer!!! Cheyenne was able to track down Aslan (the pack mate that went into the shelter with Sarge the 2nd time) and get him out of the shelter. THANKS AGAIN Cheyenne!!!

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

cost of surgery and where we are today

We have had a lot of requests wondering how much the surgery is going to cost. The estimated cost is $5600.00 for surgery and pre/post work. We are currently still trying to raise $3800.00. We are in the process of putting an event together to raise the rest of the funds needed for his surgery. We so appreciate all who have helped out in this cause. It will be a wonderful day to see this sweet dog be able to walk on all fours again. THANK YOU, THANK YOU!! But please pass this on to all you know and hopefully we will see you at the event this fall (once it has be finalized we will post the details on his blog and facebook group page).

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Our visit with Dr. Glawe

We took Sarge to Denver to meet with Dr. Glawe. After looking over the xrays and a thorough examination, he feels Sarge has a good chance of recovery. His pelvis is broken and is caved in a little from the stress of only using one leg to walk on, and his kneecap is on the side of his leg and will need to be moved back into place. So as long as he has good cartilage and we start exercising his muscles and ligaments on his hurt leg he has a great chance at using his leg again. it won't be 100% but if we don't take care of the leg, he will eventually loose his ability to walk. We will be looking at different benefits for fundraising so if you have a great idea or would love to donate time/talent to help Sarge, let me know.

Thursday, July 1, 2010

surgical examination date set

We will be heading out to Denver to take Sarge to his surgical evaluation with Dr. Glawe. He is an orthopedic specialist that works with the Great Pyrenees Rescue in Colorado. They have been a great help to us and Sarge. We will keep you all updated on his status and what the surgeon suggests for his best options. Wish us luck!